MIAMI COUNTY — Due to the coronavirus pandemic, many events around the county are being canceled for residents’ continued safety. Local events that have been canceled that the Miami Valley Today have been made aware of include:
• The Miami County Park District has suspended all programs through at least March 31, at which time the situation will be reassessed. The Miami County Park District parks and the Great Miami River Recreational Trail will remain open for individuals to explore. All guests visiting the parks are recommended to take preventative action when visiting including self-monitoring and practicing social distancing.
• All Tax Aide sites have been suspended. Call your local site for more information.
• Until further notice — The Troy-Miami County Public Library has closed and suspended all scheduled library programming for an undetermined amount of time.
• Until further notice — The Miami Valley Veterans Museum is closed until further notice, to include the April 1 monthly veterans coffee.
• Through March 27 — The Troy-Hayner Cultural Center has closed until March 27.
• Through at least April 13 — The Future Begins Today’s Lunch Buddy program is suspended through at least the conclusion of the Troy City Schools’ spring break, which ends Monday, April 13.
• Through the end of March — All Troy Area Chamber of Commerce events have been canceled.
• March 18 — The Tri-County Board of Mental Health’s monthly meeting has been cancelled. The next meeting will be held at 6:45 p.m. April 15.
• March 19 — The annual Altrusa Spelling Bee scheduled to be held at the Troy Church of the Nazarene has been canceled.
• March 19 — The Brukner Nature Center Equinox Presentation has been canceled.
• March 19 — The Troy Historical Society has canceled its program with Mark David at the Troy-Hayner Cultural Center. For more information, call (937) 339-5900 or email [email protected].
• March 26 — Ohio’s Hospice of Miami County’s Caregivers Connection at the Troy-Miami County Public Library has been canceled.
• April 3 —The program with the Rev. Donna Kundtz Moore, a Dayton-area coordinator for the Ohio Poor People’s Campaign, that was scheduled at Richards Chapel United Methodist Church, 831 McKaig Ave., Troy, has been canceled.
• April 5 — Koester Pavilion, 3232 N. County Road 25-A, Troy, canceled its annual Easter egg hunt that would have been held on April 5.
• Through March 31 — The Piqua Public Library is closed through March 31.
• Until further notice — The J.R. Clarke Public Library is closed until further notice.
• Until further notice — The Bradford Public Library is closed until further notice.
• Until further notice — The Tipp City Public Library is closed until further notice.
• March 17 — The Tipp City Area Arts Council has postponed its scheduled quarter auction that was scheduled at the Tipp City American Legion.
• March 30 — The March Artist Meeting of the Tipp City Area Arts Council at the Rusty Harden Art Studio is canceled.
• Until further notice — The Oakes-Beitman Public Library has closed and suspended all scheduled library programming for an undetermined amount of time.
• Until further notice — The Milton-Union Public Library is closed until further notice.
• Grandma’s Kitchen at Hoffman United Methodist Church in West Milton had planned to start serving weekly meals in late March. However, the meal service will not be opening until further notice.
• Until further notice — The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force has temporarily closed until further notice.
• May 23 — Due to the COVID-19 threat, the Honor Flight Dayton Board has decided to postpone the May 23 spring trip. The next confirmed trip is scheduled for Oct. 17.