Casstown water main project, bridge improvements, road resurfacing ahead for Miami County


By Haylee Pence

[email protected]

MIAMI VALLEY – This year will see multiple construction projects throughout the Miami Valley. Many of the projects go through the Miami County Engineer’s Office along with the Miami County Commissioners to gain approval for projects and funding.

One of the larger projects includes the Casstown Water Project, which will involve extending public water supply from the city of Troy to Casstown. There will be approximately 13,500 linear feet of water main, according to Miami County Engineer Paul Huelskamp. The total cost of the project is projected to be around $4-4.5 million. After the construction is finished, the city of Troy will own and operate the part of the line from the city to Sayers Road. Miami County will own and operate the rest of the line from Sayers Road to Casstown. The anticipated start of construction is Jan. 2023.

Another upcoming project is the 2022 Bridge Package. It includes the replacement of two bridges within Miami County. One of the bridges is the Hill Road Bridge No. 0.51. The bridge is on Hill Road, which connects to Covington-Bradford Road and Klinger Road outside of Covington and Bradford. The construction is set to be done by Brumbaugh Construction. The cost of this bridge will be $419,590.

The other bridge in the 2022 Bridge Package is the replacement of the Sugar-Grove-Circle Hill Road Bridge No. 00.13. The bridge is on Sugar-Grove-Circle Hill Road, which is just east of State Route 721 outside of Pleasant Hill and Covington. The construction will also be done by Brumbaugh Construction. The cost of this bridge will be $506,933.

The bridges are expected to be reconstructed in the beginning of March.

Another upcoming project is the Piqua-Troy Road Resurfacing Project. The resurfacing will be from the city of Troy’s corporation limit to the city of Piqua’s corporation limit, which is approximately 4.6 miles. The contractor for this project is John R. Jurgensen Co. The cost of this project is set to be $721,694.11. In regard to the fund, 80% of the cost will come from federal sources, which is $577,355.29, and the other 20% is from local sources, which is $144,338.82. The road resurfacing is expected to begin in the summer.

No posts to display