PIQUA — The city of Piqua accomplished many goals and completed several projects in the city in 2022.
A report from the city of Piqua included the following:
• Continued organizational development and operational efficiencies to reduce expenditures and increase revenues;
• Implemented the first iteration of a Capital Improvement Program (CIP) that increased transparency to the public and aligned project funding in the 10-year pro format;
• Reorganized the second floor offices to improve customer service by consolidating windows from three to two and instituting a coverage calendar for the administrative assistants;
• Created the Environmental & Recreation Services Department to oversee park operations and sanitation utilizing existing staff from Health and Sanitation;
• Invested in the golf course clubhouse, created operational efficiencies and increased market penetration with managed services partner;
• Contracted with RITA to improve income tax customer service and use RITA IRS credentials to aid in the collection of $2.8M in outstanding income tax, fees, and penalties;
• Created and filled a development manager and second zoning inspector ahead of Rental Inspection Program launch in 2023;
• Funded and awarded $500,000 of small business grants;
• Completed the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) for business attraction and retention with $500,000 funding for FY2023 and $500,000 in for year 2024;
• Hired a UBO manager and reorganized UBO under power system department to improve customer service and interface of 132,000 billing transactions per year;
• Completed implementation of NISC automated meter reading and billing system started in 2017;
• Implemented automated sanitation trucks and optimized routes.
• SmartHub web and mobile app — for the city of Piqua;
· New website — for the city of Piqua.
2022 New businesses:
• The Gallery Venue & Event Center
• Piqua Arts & Innovation Center
• Forever Emily Designs
• Wellnow Urgent Care
• Makers Supply
• Marathon Station
• Referees Sports Bar
• Bushel + Peck
• Keller Williams Home Town Realty
• Awakenings Christian Fellowship
• Winans opened two new locations
• Soak-N-Suds Car Wash opened a second location
• And more ..
2023 Government Projects 2023-2025 Capital Improvement Program
• Downtown canal corridor parking lot improvements;
• Lock 9 Park improvements;
• Street surface treatments;
• Downtown traffic calming/curb extensions;
• Swift run dam safety project;
• Downtown parking lot – Wayne Street;
• New pedestrian bridge – county project in Piqua;
• Downtown tree replacement;
• High Street and Main Street intersection improvements.
2023 New Businesses
• Crooked Handle Brewery;
• éclat Facial Studio;
• Lemon Meringue Floral Boutique;
• And more to come!