Grass fire spread to nearby structure


TROY — A grass fire, initially dispatched as miscellaneous, on West Monroe Concord Road in Troy, on Thanksgiving evening, spread to a nearby building.

According to a press release from Tipp City Fire & Emergency Services (TCFES), firefighters responded on Nov. 24 at 7:13 p.m. to 2470 W. Monroe Concord Road, on a report of a grass fire that was getting close to a building. Upon arrival crews found an out building on the property fully involved in fire. The fire was originally dispatched as a miscellaneous fire and upgraded to a structure fire.

Mutual aid units were summoned and all TCFES personnel were recalled. The fire was contained to the grass field and one building at this property. The crews arrived and found a large fire. Mutual aid was received from West Milton Fire Department and Bethel Fire Department.

The fire was unintentional, and its cause was due to human error, the release said. A recreational fire was left unattended in moderate changing wind conditions and extremely dry conditions. The recreational fire spread to the building that caught on fire.

One firefighter sustained a minor injury and was treated and released. No other injuries were reported at the time of the fire.

Crews were on the scene for approximately two hours.

No posts to display