Miami County Commissioners authorize agreements, establish township roads


By Haylee Pence

[email protected]

TROY – On Thursday, Feb. 3, during the winter storm, the Miami County Commissioners met for their general session followed by an ARPA Update from Charlotte Colley.

The first resolution the commissioners heard was a quote from Lost Creek Lawn & Fence Company, Inc. This quote was requested by the Operations and Facilities director for landscaping services along Harrison Street and County Road 25A. The services include mowing, trimming, and removal of grass clippings for a cost that shall not exceed $600/week.

The next resolution was to release funds of $85,189.89 to Stony Brook Estates, LLC for the construction of Stony Brook Estates Subdivision No.1, which is a partial reduction of the Escrow Agreement. This release of funds would constitute the “final release and a cancellation by fulfillment of the Agreement.”

Then, the third resolution was to establish Woodcreek Drive as a Township Road, which is to be maintained by the Concord Township Trustees. Stony Brook Estates is responsible for developing and improving Woodcreek Drive. According to the resolution, “The County Engineer has met with representatives of Concord Township, and both have mutually agreed that the road is now acceptable.” The fourth resolution was to establish Fiesta Drive as a Township Road like Woodcreek Drive.

Next, the fifth resolution was to provide funds to the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grant which will be used to conduct three HAZMAT training courses. The grant is an 80-20 matching grant with 20% is paid by the Local Emergency Planning Committee while the other 80% is from the Ohio EMA grant.

The sixth resolution appointed Jim Lyons as the Miami County apiarist for the 2022 year for a cost that shall not exceed $4,500.

The seventh resolution was to accept the resignation of Robert Wheelock from Job and Family Services from the position of child welfare caseworker II, which becomes effective April 30, 2022.

Subsequently, the next resolution was to authorize the requisition of an employee for the position of full-time child welfare caseworker II with a pay range of $17.96 to $27.73.

The next resolution was to allow the Juvenile Court to submit an online Technology Grant Application to the Supreme Court of Ohio, which is to request funds of $5,860 in order to “implement a text reminder application through their case management vendor, Henschen and Associates, Inc.” This is to “help reduce the number of persons that fail to appear, and thereby reducing case continuances, missed appointments, and approve the Court’s operational efficiencies,” according to the resolution.

The last resolution was to sign a contract with Auglaize, Clinton, Darke, Mercer, Miami, Preble, Shelby, and Van Wert counties for the cost of bed space usage at West Central Juvenile Detention Center, which is $95 per bed space which is limited for each county. The cost for excess bed space is $100 per bed space.

No posts to display