PIQUA — Stop by the Piqua Public Library to pick up the latest release by your favorite author, an activity packet, or one of their monthly or weekly programs. As always, these events are free.
For more information on any of the following events, visit the Piqua Public Library’s website at www.piqualibrary.org or call the library at 937-773-6753.
Weekly programs include:
• Book Buddies: Tuesdays and Fridays from 4 to 5 p.m. Reading help for students in kindergarten through third grade. Children will meet with a buddy one-on-one for reading practice that lasts 15 minutes in the Children’s Dept.
• Lego Club: Thursdays from 4 to 5 p.m. Lego building group for ages 7 to 13. Open to the first 20 sign-ups each week. Kids will meet Ms. Sarah for timed builds, themed builds, games, and much more in the Children’s Department. For registration, call 937-773-6753 Ext. 210 or email [email protected]
• Writers Group: Thursdays from 6:30-8 p.m. Meet others who enjoy creative writing. No need to sign up in advance. Meet in the Founders Room.
Monthly programs include:
• Game Night: Monday, June 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. Join the library for an evening of board games, card games, and more in the Louis Room.
• Novels at Night with Angie: Wednesday, June 15, from 7 to 8 p.m. Every third Wednesday of the month. June’s book is “Where the Lost Wander” by Amy Harmon.
• The Sleuth’s Society Book Club: Monday, June 27 from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
Special programs and community events include:
• Baby Shark’s Move It or Lose It: Alternating Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Music and movement with Ms. Holly for ages 0 to 2. Guardians must be present. Meet at the elevator in the Children’s Department to go to the fourth floor of the Fort Piqua Plaza.
• Lego Master: Jack Schwarz on Saturday, June 25 at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Lego presentations in the lobby. Presented by the Friends of the Piqua Public Library.
• Oddball Ohio: Friday, June 17 from 7 pm. Join the Friends of the Piqua Public Library for their Library Gameshow Night. Free event, tickets are required.
• Sasha Seahorse Story Time: Alternating Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Stories, songs, and crafts with Ms. Melissa for ages 3 to 5 in the Children’s Department. Register via email at [email protected], by phone by calling 937-773-6753, or in person.
• Third Thursday: Thursday, June 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. Family-friendly fun with live music, food trucks, street activities, and more on Market Street.
• Wild Gardens – Tuesday, June 21, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Learn about native plants, their value to wildlife, and how you can increase the native plants on your own property. Meet in the Founder’s Room.
Library services and other activities include:
These Library Services are available during their regular hours. They are provided to patrons and community members free of charge.
• Adult Take & Make Craft: Free craft kit with instructions, available while supplies last. Every month, patrons can pick up a new craft kit at the first-floor desk.
• Automatically Yours: Get the latest releases from your favorite authors. Fill out a form at the first-floor desk. The library will call you when your books are available.
• Book-a-Librarian: Individual, tailored sessions with library staff. In-depth technical assistance on a variety of topics. Call 937-773-6753 x225 or 234 to schedule.
• Flag Drop-Off: Dropbox on the bank table on the first floor for worn-out flags. Piqua Harley-Davidson will take them for a Flag Retirement Ceremony.
• Glasses Donation: Dropbox from the Lions Clubs program on the first-floor desk. Donate usable glasses, non-prescription sunglasses, and hearing aids.
• InterLibrary Loan: Borrow books from participating libraries all over Ohio. Place your request at the second-floor desk.
• Meeting Rooms: Meeting rooms are available for small groups and up to 20 people. No fee; available first-come, first-serve basis. Visit the library’s website for details.
• What the Craft? Coloring Pages: Coloring pages at the second-floor desk. Updated monthly to fit programming themes.