TROY — The Miami County Community Action Council (CAC) is administering a new program that can provide a wide range of assistance to homeowners.
The program provides assistance with things such as property taxes, homeowner’s insurance, flood insurance, mortgage insurance, and HOA or condominium fees. This program will continue until Dec. 31, 2022 and has the possibility of extension through 2023.
Any homeowner who resides in Miami County who has had or is facing financial hardships as a result of the pandemic, and meets the following income levels, may be eligible:
|Family size||30 day income max||Annual income max|
For eligibility, the homeowner must have:
• Experienced a financial hardship during the coronavirus pandemic that must be documented using the Financial Hardship Attestation Form.
• Property taxes must not be in escrow through a lender.
The guidelines are as follows:
• Assistance is capped at $10,000 per family or household.
• Applicants need not be delinquent in order to be eligible.
• Property taxes paid through an escrow account cannot be paid by this program. Applicants may still be eligible but would have to apply directly to OHFA at https://savethedream.ohiohome.org.
• No payments will be made directly to the applicants, or for expenses paid previously. Mobile home residents whose mobile home is in their name are considered homeowners but lot rent is an eligible expense.
• All individuals applying for assistance must complete an application packet along with required documents.
All applications can be mailed or dropped off in the Community Action Agency drop box at 1695 Troy-Sidney Road, Troy, OH 45373.
For more information, contact 937-335-7921.